6.5" Lightweight High Resolution Super Transflective Portable Field / Camera-Top MonitorOwner's Manual Spec Sheet
3GSDI model also available with different battery adapters.
- FALSE COLORS
- PEAKING FILTER
- BATTERY COMPATIBILITY
- WHY CHOOSE MARSHALL VS. CHEAPER MONITORS?
- Super Transflective 1024 x 768 LCD panel
- Durable, thin, and lightweight construction
- 650 cd/m² brightness, 500:1 contrast ratio
- 4 user-configurable function buttons
- RGB gain and bias control
- HDMI Auto Color Space and Ratio detect
- Optional Heavy-Duty Protective Shield
- False Color On/Off
- Peaking Filter On/Off
- RGB Check Field / Field Detect
- 16:9, 4:3, Pixel-to-Pixel modes
- User-adjustable panning (Pixel-to-Pixel mode)
- Variety of Markers, including user-adjustable
- Variety of User-Replaceable Battery Adapters available
Shown with Redrock Micro
DSLR 2.0 Hybrid Rig
The V-LCD651STX-HDI is the latest update to Marshall's line of Super Transflective Outdoor Monitors. This 6.5" portable field / camera-top monitor is designed specifically for outdoor applications with high ambient light. Our technology minimizes surface reflection of both outdoor and indoor light, while featuring a much wider color reproduction range than typical transflective/reflective LCDs or even those with increased backlight performance. Marshall's outdoor super-transmissive LCDs provide improved visibility by producing high-contrast images and a wider viewing angle, even under diverse and challenging lighting environments. This innovative technology dramatically boosts the efficiency of the LCD backlight's light utilization, while maintaining extended temperature ratings and low power consumption for outdoor operation.
The V-LCD651STX-HDI offers a durable and lightweight design, weighing in at only 1.3 pounds. It also features our completely digital TFT-MegaPixel high resolution LCD screen with 2.4 million pixels, 4-pin XLR power jack, and optical-grade polycarbonate screen protection. Analog signals are digitized using advanced 10-bit processing with 4x oversampling and adaptive 5-line comb filter.
These units also offer the ability to adapt up to nine different battery configurations for providing mobile operation in the field. This option provides flexibility when using different cameras or configurations. Our large selection of battery adapters can be interchanged (or "swapped" out) by the end-user.
Super Transflective Outdoor Monitors
Marshall Electronics offers a full line of Super Transflective Outdoor Monitors, designed specifically for outdoor applications with high ambient light. Our technology minimizes surface reflection of both outdoor and indoor light, while featuring a much wider color reproduction range than typical transflective/reflective LCDs or even those with increased backlight performance.
These outdoor super-transmissive LCDs provide improved visibility by producing high-contrast images and a wider viewing angle, even under diverse and challenging lighting environments! This innovative technology dramatically boosts the efficiency of the LCD backlight's light utilization, while maintaining extended temperature ratings and low power consumption for outdoor operation.
False Color Filter
The False Color filter is used to aid in the setting of camera exposure.
As the camera Iris is adjusted, elements of the image will change color based on the luminance or brightness values. This enables proper exposure to be achieved without the use of costly, complicated external test equipment.
To best utilize this feature, you must understand the color chart and have a basic understanding of camera exposure. Normally, when shooting subjects like people, it is common practice to set exposure of faces to the equivalent of approximately 56 IRE. The False Color filter will show this area as the color PINK on the monitor. Therefore, as you increase exposure (open the IRIS), your subject will change color as indicated on the chart: PINK, then GREY, then a few shades of YELLOW. Overexposed subjects (above 101 IRE) on the monitor will be shown as RED. In addition, underexposed subjects will show as DEEP-BLUE to DARK-BLUE, with clipped-blacks indicated with a FUCHSIA-like color. Lastly, the color GREEN is used to indicate elements of the image that are approximately 45 IRE. This represents a "neutral" or "mid-level" exposure commonly used for objects (not people).
Overexposed objects will display as RED
Underexposed objects show as
DEEP-BLUE to DARK-BLUE
Properly exposed objects will display elements of GREEN and PINK
The Peaking Filter is used to aid the camera operator in obtaining the sharpest possible picture. When activated, all color will be removed from the display and a black-and-white image will remain. The internal processor will display RED color on the screen where sharp edges appear. When the camera operator adjusts (or "racks") the focus control (on the camera lens), different parts of the image will have RED colored edges. This indicates that this portion of the image is sharp or in focus. Final focus is achieved by racking the camera lens focus control back and forth until the desired portion of the image has RED colored edges. Please note that this feature is most effective when the subject is properly exposed and contains enough contrast to be processed.
(1/4”-20 / 1/4”-20)
(1/4”-20 / 1/4”-20)
(1/4”-20 / 3/8")
*May require additional accessories.
Camera 1/4" Hot Shoe Mount.
Camera Horizon Indicator. An optional adapter that allows the user to accurately position their equipment for stable and level shooting. More Info...
Camera-Top Tally Box. An optional adapter that provides both Front and Rear tally functionality to Marshall's portable field monitors. More Info...
WHY CHOOSE MARSHALL VS. CHEAPER MONITORS?
- CE / FCC Part 15 Certified
- False Colors
- Enables proper camera exposure
- Users lose money and time when the IRE scale of a scene can't be read
- Peaking Filter / Focus Assist
- Others try to pass off "Sharpness" adjustment as adequate
- Users lose money and time when focus can't be pulled
- Freeze Frame
- Variety of Markers
- Intuitive Menu Navigation
- Others have menus that can be complicated and frustrating to use
- Our RotoMenu navigation allows easy menu access
- 4 User-Configurable Front Panel Function Buttons
- Variety of Field-Replaceable Battery Adapters
- Competing models offer limited options
- Scratch Resistant Protective Screen
- Does not distort or degrade image
- Not glossy or super reflective like other brands
- Active Input Loop-Through / Reclocked Output
- Some competing models don't offer video output
- Inputs / Outputs are on back of unit - not on top or side
- Robust 12V 4-Pin XLR Power Connector
- Marshall offers durable XLR power connectivity -- commonly used and interchangeable with Broadcast / Professional applications
- Marshall power adapters lock and remain
secure during shoots
- Designed, Engineered, and Assembled in USA
- Located minutes from Hollywood, CA
- Marshall has been in business for almost 30 years
- Marshall introduced one of the first professional LCD rack monitors in 1999
- Marshall products have won several awards including
"Best of Show" at NAB
- We do not operate out of a PO Box
- Our corporate office is accessible to the public
- We offer Toll-Free customer assistance / support
- Our products are used and embraced by major news gathering organizations, network operation and control centers, direct broadcasting and cable networks, major studios, post production houses, system integrators, and professionals worldwide.
|Panel||Number of Panels||1|
|Panel Size||6.5” Diagonal|
|Resolution||1024 x 768|
|Active Area||152.4 x 91.44 mm|
|Color Gamut||YUV, RGB|
|Viewing Angles (CR>=10)||160° x 140°|
|Loss of Input Curtain||Yes|
|Color Temperature||D65, D55 and D93|
|HDMI CSC Auto||Yes|
|HDMI Ratio Auto||Yes|
|Pixel to Pixel||Yes|
|Pre-set Gamma points||Yes|
|Input Status Display||Yes|
|Control Inputs||Tally / GPI||No|
|RS-485/422 w/ Loop-Through||No|
|Controls on front Panel||Yes|
|User-Defined Function Buttons||Yes|
|Consumption||1.25 Amp (Max) @ 12VDC|
|Connector||4-Pin Male XLR|
|Environmental||Operating Temperature (C°)||32° F to 122°|
|Storage Temperature (C°)||-4° F to158° F|
|Dimensions||Unit dimensions||6.96” x 6.03” x 1.95”|
|Weight (Main Body)||1.55 lbs|
|Mounting||¼”-20 Mounting Bracket|
|Available Battery Adapter Configurations|| User-Replaceable Battery Adapters
"CM" - (Canon), "JM" - (JVC), "PM" - (Panasonic), "PV" - (Panasonic),
"SB" - (Sony B series), "SL" - (Sony L series), "SM" - (Sony M series), "AB" - (Anton/Bauer), "VM" - (V-Mount)
* Pricing does not reflect freight costs and applicable taxes and duties
* Pricing, specification and features are subject to change